Friday, April 13, 2012

The Friday Five

1. What I'm Reading: the bible. 

I'm researching what God says to do about anger and bitterness.  Seriously.  It's time for divine intervention.


source

2. What I'm Watching: nothing.

I've been too busy sulking and doing other things.


3. What I'm Listening to: The Wood Brothers station on Pandora.



It's all Wood Brothers (obviously), Old Crow Medicine Show, Avett Brothers, and Black Keys...in other words, my perfect station.  2 versions of Van Morrison "Into the Mystic" played yesterday!!! It has been a bright spot in my bad days.


4. What I'm Eating: Easter candy and whatever else is available. 

I have not put much thought into what is going into my body, just eating what is around and convenient when a hunger pang strikes, which has been lots of apples or pears with nut butter.  I honestly haven't had much of an appetite.

5. What I'm Pinning: What I'm repeating to myself over and over in attempts to get out of this funk:

source
source
source

source

Happy Friday!

You know the drill on Friday...tell me what you are watching, eating, listening to, reading, and pinning.

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading the Bible too!! I want to read it cover to cover. Sometimes, I have no idea what it says, while others it's as if everything makes sense now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And there are really good stories in it. I feel like I want to read it cover to cover, too. It used to seem daunting, but now, I don't think it would take that long.

      Delete
  2. Oh darlin' I HEAR you! I read your post from yesterday this morning and I TOTALLY have been there--I have kind of had the year of bad luck--but it is finally starting to turn around--phew! (P.S. Why are so many car salesmen total SLEEZEBAGS?!?).

    Yesterday I totally had some QT with the Bible in an attempt to gain some perspective and it actually helped a TON. Also crying and shouting helped as well. Other than that, the only thing I have been reading are TERRIBLE grad student papers--I officially want to gauge my eyes out.

    I have been eating cadbury chocolate eggs, paleo-ish pudding, and salad (The salad totally redeems all the chocolate--right?)

    And I have been listening to a TON of podcasts--radio times, fresh air, splendid table, and Jillian Michaels. I heart podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pre-req to be a car salesman! Salad has to come back into my life this week!!! I have a pool party to go to this weekend and have been living on candy and ice cream. Ughh!

      Delete