I have been blogging for over a week now. Reflecting back over my week and my blog posts, I've realized a few things...
1. Blogging has been really helpful in keeping me motivated about nutrition and exercise. Since I have been confessing via this blog, I feel more accountable for my actions.
2. I have a wonderful support system of family, friends, and workout buddies. Everyone has been so encouraging and supportive of the blog.
3. Blogging takes time. I thought writing a blog post would take 10 minutes max, but it takes 30 minutes minimum.
4. I don't take enough pictures. Most of the pictures I have posted on my blog are old as dirt or stolen from some internet source. I vow to start being my own paparazzi and photo documenting my life. The blogs I find the most intersting are the ones full of pictures.
5. I tend to make lists. A lot of my blog posts have been lists (including this one). I find lists an easy to read format. I don't just make lists in my blog posts, I make lists for everything. I am a lifelong lister. Lists are a tool for me to organize my thoughts. Here is a list of my current lists:
-to do list
-blog post idea list
-Christmas gifts idea list
-flea market/thrift store list (This is a list of things I am looking for at thrift stores for various crafts and projects.)
-wish list/my Christmas list
-recipes to try list
-baby shower idea list (for a baby shower I am hosting in approximately 6 months)
-new music listening list
-books to read list
-gifts to buy list (This includes birthdays, baby, wedding, etc.)
I keep my lists in a handy, mini notebook that I keep in my purse at all times! The above list does not include my work lists, which are on orange sticky notes stuck all throughout my day planner.
I am still bunking at mom & dad's and I have a busy week ahead of me. Mike is on vacation and because I have seniority in the group, he has bestowed upon me the job of leading bleacher club today and Wednesday. He left a workout assignment for us, so my role will be more cheerleader and encourager of the group. I have book club Tuesday night, which I am thrilled about because we have not met in months. I am excited to see everyone and decide what we will be reading next. Also, I will be cleaning, painting, and packing because I am likely moving this weekend!
How many times is the word "list" written in this blog post? 25!