Sunday, September 25, 2011

Do the Clearance Cauliflower Mash

I am sad to report that the DOMS has worsened.   Every move I make is painful. :(

No long walk yesterday and no run today. 

I did walk all the way to our tailgate from my car, even after a friend with a parking pass offered to pick me up. :)  Then I proceeded to sit on my butt for the next 4 hours, eating jambalaya.

It has been a very lazy weekend.

However, I finally used those clearance cauliflower I bought!



I decided to roast them, then I used the yellow ones to make

Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Mash

ingredients:
-1 head of cauliflower (I roasted 2 heads because that is how much I bought on sale -2 is better than 1- but I only used one for the mash.)
-1 garlic pod
-non stick cooking spray
-salt & pepper to taste
-1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
-1/4 cup chicken stock

directions:

- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.




- Chop cauliflower into florets and wash.

- Coat cauliflower florets in non stick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.



Coincidence that it was game day and my cauliflower were purple & gold?!  I think not.

- Coat a baking pan in non stick cooking spray and spread the cauliflower florets evenly in the pan.




- Cut the top off of the garlic pod, spray with non stick cooking spray, and place in the middle of the cauliflower.




- Place in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.

- Remove from oven and place cauliflower in a big bowl.  Add milk, chicken stock, and 2 of the cloves of roasted garlic.






- Blend with immersion blender until smooth or the consistency of mashed potatoes. (If you don't have an immersion blender, you could use a food processor)






- Serve as you would mashed potatoes. 

I had leftover turkey, peppers, and mushrooms from a taco salad I made the night before, so I ate it over the cauliflower.  I added fat free sour cream, salsa, and jalepeno peppers.  Yum!





BTW, triple victory in the football department.  McNeese, LSU, and the Saints won!  It's a great weekend to be from southwest Louisiana!


Funny Sports Ecard: For the sake of your emotional well-being and that of your loved ones, I pray your football team excels this year.
I know some football obsessed folks whose wives would get a laugh out of this someecard.  All teams excelled this weekend, so prayers answered! 


Did you have a lazy weekend or were you productive?
Did your team win?

4 comments:

  1. oh gosh- I was beyond lazy. Homework? Put it off. Is it done? No..oops :P Oh well, I enjoyed relaxing and it was much needed!

    I love roasting cauliflower and then sprinkling it with parmesan cheese! It's so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially a cauliflower convert! I never liked it raw, but it is delish roasted!

    We all need a relaxing/lazy weekend occasionally! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i'm probably weird, but I loveeeee DOMS. And hate cauliflower! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you would love DOMS, but I cannot understand why you would not love cauliflower! :) Oh well, more for me!

    ReplyDelete