No long walk yesterday and no run today.
I did walk all the way to our tailgate from my car, even after a friend with a parking pass offered to pick me up. :) Then I proceeded to sit on my butt for the next 4 hours, eating jambalaya.
It has been a very lazy weekend.
However, I finally used those clearance cauliflower I bought!
I decided to roast them, then I used the yellow ones to make
Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Mash
-1 head of cauliflower (I roasted 2 heads because that is how much I bought on sale -2 is better than 1- but I only used one for the mash.)
-1 garlic pod
-non stick cooking spray
-salt & pepper to taste
-1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
-1/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and wash.
- Coat cauliflower florets in non stick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
|Coincidence that it was game day and my cauliflower were purple & gold?! I think not.|
- Coat a baking pan in non stick cooking spray and spread the cauliflower florets evenly in the pan.
- Cut the top off of the garlic pod, spray with non stick cooking spray, and place in the middle of the cauliflower.
- Place in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cauliflower in a big bowl. Add milk, chicken stock, and 2 of the cloves of roasted garlic.
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth or the consistency of mashed potatoes. (If you don't have an immersion blender, you could use a food processor)
- Serve as you would mashed potatoes.
I had leftover turkey, peppers, and mushrooms from a taco salad I made the night before, so I ate it over the cauliflower. I added fat free sour cream, salsa, and jalepeno peppers. Yum!
BTW, triple victory in the football department. McNeese, LSU, and the Saints won! It's a great weekend to be from southwest Louisiana!
|I know some football obsessed folks whose wives would get a laugh out of this someecard. All teams excelled this weekend, so prayers answered!|
Did you have a lazy weekend or were you productive?
Did your team win?