Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Like a Boyscout, I'm Always Prepared

The remainder of the week is going to be busy, busy, busy!

It's rush week on campus, and as president of my sororities local alumnae chapter, I am obligated to be there to help out from about 5:00 PM until about 9:30 PM every evening for the rest of week, as well as Saturday morning from about 9:00 AM until about 3:00 PM. 

This is going to put a kink in my normal workout and eating schedule.  I can't afford to neglect excercise and eating clean...the Dominican is a week away!  In order to stay on track with my fitness and nutrition goals, I am making a plan of action.


Nutrition:

In order to avoid junk food at the sorority house, I am going to eat when I get home from work at 3:30 PM.  It will have to be something high in protein to hold me over and something quick and easy to prepare so I have time to get dressed...eggs, salad with tuna or sliced turkey.

Upon returning home late, I'll probably have a protein shake or yogurt to hold me over until morning.

I will also pack a few snacks in my purse in case hunger strikes.  Some nuts/trail mix, boiled eggs, snack/protein bars, string cheese.

Workouts:

Wednesday (usually Bleacher Club at 5:30 PM) - 5:30 AM CrossFit
Thursday (usually CrossFit at 4:30 PM) - 6:00 AM run
Friday - rest day or 5:30 AM CrossFit (depends on how exhausted I am by this point)
Saturday - 6:00 AM run
Sunday - evening run

Look at all the early mornings!  ***groan. Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead.






Being prepared and writing down a plan will help me stay on track.  If it's in writing, it is set in stone and there is no backing out!

Do you have any more snack/quick meal ideas for me?
Does writing down workout plans help you commit to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment