Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goodbye, Paradise

Our 6th and final day in Punta Cana... (see day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, and day 5)

We were leaving for the airport at 10:00 AM, so didn't really have enough time to do anything.  We decided to walk down to the beach to have one last look at that turquoise water.


On our way back to the villa, we spotted a banana tree with a bunch of bananas.



The rest of the day was consumed with travel. 

The insane germophobe in me came out on the flight from the DR to Miami.  I started getting really anxious and nauseous.  I was so happy to get off that plane.

Customs in Miami was no joke.  I saw the drug dog sniff out about 3 different people. 

After customs, when we were going back through the TSA checkpoint, the mamajuana I bought in the Punta Cana airport was almost confiscated, but I ended up being able to keep it.

We arrived in Houston around 11:00 PM and then drove back to Lake Charles.  By the time I picked up Lola, arrived home, and showered, it was after 4:00 AM. 

It took me 3 days to recover. 

All in all, it was an AMAZING trip.  My favorite part: surfing.  My least favorite part: the food.  It wasn't disguisting, just thoroughly disappointing.

Since we got back, I have been planning my next trips.  It's funny how going on a trip makes you want to travel more often.





Do you usually feel like you need a vacation to recover from vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment