What a weekend! It involved too much drinking, lots of friends, and crazy Louisiana weather. A storm came through Friday night and brought cold weather with it. Luckily, the clouds cleared out just in time for our little crawfish boil Saturday.
Rather than bore you with the details of my weekend (which was basically just eating a lot, drinking a lot, and not working out), I'll tell you about a challenge I have lined up for myself this week. My goal is to run at least a 5k every day from now until Sunday. I'm calling it "5k a Day Challenge." Besides the miles, the other part of the challenge is that the runs will be in the morning before work, since I randomly decided to take a second job on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings and I also still want to CrossFit on some afternoons. (I'm starting the job tomorrow because I'm taking one of my favorite munchkins to his first karate lesson this afternoon. Actually, I'm in charge of his 7 week old sister while his mom helps him at karate.)
I decided to do this challenge because:
- I haven't been running enough.
- It's a way to burn some extra calories before swimsuit season.
- I want to start working out in the mornings, because sometimes my afternoons/evenings are full.
- The weather is getting warmer (it will soon be unbearable!) and morning is the coolest time of day.
- I want to get faster.
- I've been lazy and need to commit to something so I am held accountable.
This morning I didn't run, but I'm going to hit the pavement after karate class. I've never had a "running streak" so I'm hoping after 7 days, I just want to keep running.
What is your longest running streak?
What did you do this weekend? Please tell me you ate lots of candy and didn't exercise! Misery loves company.
Do you want to do the 5k a Day Challenge with me?