Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I ______ Wednesday, Vol. 23

What I'm Slacking Wednesday

I'm unmotivated.  

1. 5k a day challenge.  Why did I even make this challenge?!?  I haven't run a single day. 

On Monday afternoon, the weather was gorgeous! Perfect for my first run of the challenge! But I didn't run. 

Tuesday morning I set my alarm for 5:00 AM, so I could tackle over 6 miles to make up for Monday.  I hit snooze until 6:30. 

Today, I again set my alarm for 5:00 AM, but since I didn't get home and into bed until after 11:00 last night (I started my new, second job and celebrated with a couple of beers after my shift), so I snoozed until 6:30 again.

source

2. Exercise, in general.   I haven't done anything physical since CrossFit last Thursday.  And since I'm working tonight, I won't get in any exercise until Thursday.  A week!  A whole 7 days without any exercise.  I can't remember the last time I had a break that long.  It's probably been since I started seriously working out 3 years ago.
source

3. Nutrition.  Saturday, I bought clearance Easter candy with the intention of using it to bake (in the place of chocolate chips).  I put the chocolate in my big, upright freezer.  Out of site out of mind, right?  Wrong.  I've hit the stash pretty hard. :( 

My diet has also been lacking vegetables and containing too much processed junk.  And this is probably the reason I feel like poo.

source
And I guess I have to mention the fact that I have been drinking like a fish.  Friday night (wine), Saturday all day long (beer), and last night (beer).  In my college days, this would have been a mellow week, but in my older age, anything over 1 night a week is a lot.  And I can't help but think about all those empty calories.

4.  Laundry.  My basket is overflowing.  I sorted this morning, thinking if I had it in piles, I'd be more likely to throw one in the washer.  My running clothes from the BlueBell 10k were still in there.  Ewwww!  That was almost 2 weeks ago. 

source

5. Various errands.  I need to change my oil, turn in my old plates to the DMV, plant my basil I bought in Fredericksburgh, wash my car, clean house, bake for a friend's fundraiser, etc.  I have no clue when these things will be done, especially since I'm going out of town this weekend.


So here's the deal.  I'm now working 8 AM to 9 PM Monday through Wednesday.  That means I'm going to have to be a lot more efficient with my time.  It also means if I'm going to have to do some serious meal planning and prepping, as well as exercise in the morning on those days. 

I've always been the type of person that thrives on a very busy schedule.  The more I have to do, the more I get done.  I have no more time to be grumpalicious and lazy.  I'm hitting the ground running.  Figuratively and literally.

My initial thought was "I'll get serious next week", but I'm starting now.  Why sabotage myself anymore?!?  I had a healthy, wholesome breakfast.  I'll have a healthy, wholesome lunch.  No beer after work tonight. (This is going to be the hard one, especially since free beer is a perk of the job.) And CrossFit and laundry tomorrow!



What do you think?  The busier, the more productive?  Or does too much to do stress you out?

6 comments:

  1. ha! love the twist on what i'm loving wednedsay. don't worry about the bad eating -- at least you know "right" from "wrong", haha. it'll all even out. maybe i'm just saying this because i ate a cupcake for breakfast?? omg. oops. major oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll call it a sugary breakfast muffin instead of a cupcake. I do know right from wrong, but keep doing wrong anyway!

      Delete
  2. Ok Rebecca, I just have to say... Obviously I've been reading & appreciating your comments on my blog for a while now! BUT I think I had the wrong link to your blog or something! It always took me to a blog that hadn't been updated for years! So glad I found the "real" thing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the "real" me! Haha. I hope after all that, you aren't disappointed by my little blog.

      Delete
  3. Ummm....all of the above! The more I need to do, the more productive I get. Sometimes, I also get more stressed out - because I usually overdue the "busy-ness" and end up with more to do in a day than any person can possibly accomplish in 24 hours (or at least, more than any Mia can accomplish in 24 hours). But a long to-do list definitely helps me step up my game!

    Hang in there - everyone goes through a slump. You'll come out the other side even more awesome than before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia. I had a tough workout yesterday and am feeling better already.

      Delete