Friday, April 27, 2012

The Friday Five

I finally got my butt in gear and went to CrossFit yesterday.  My welcome back party consisted of torture in the form of this WOD.  I timed out at 30:00 with 3 rounds, the run, and 18 wall balls completed.  It felt good to be sweaty and exhausted.  I'll be back to the box today.

The weekend is only 8 hours away, so you know what that means.

The Friday Five


1.  What I'm Reading: The Bayou Trilogy by Daniel Woodrell

source
Amazon's summary.
It was recommended to me because I love Cormac McCarthy (see review of his Border Trilogy here).  I'm only 7 chapters in, but I can see the similarities in Woodrell's and McCarthy's writings, expect Woodrell's novel is set in the swampy bayous of Louisiana, not the arrid plains of West Texas.


Also this week, I read The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank.

source
Amazon's summary

Don't let the title fool you, it has absolutely nothing to do with hunting and fishing.  It's about the complexity of relationships.  I absolutely loved this book.  The moral of the story was that when you don't force things to happen, and you are true to yourself and honest, things work out. 


2. What I'm Listening to: Lithium on XM radio.

source
I've been driving my mom's car (I'm buying it from her), which has XM.  Lithium is the 90's rock station.  I never realized how much I love grunge and alternative from the 1990's.  They play a lot of Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Better than Ezra, Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, and Smashing Pumpkins.


3. What I'm Watching:  Tough Love New Orleans on VH1

source

I've mentioned before that I love this show. The new season is in my home state, and a guy I went to high school with has been dating one of the "boot campers".  (If you watch the show, he is currently dating the "awkward" Melissa.)


4. What I'm Eating: Pineapple.  I bought 5 last week when they were on sale

Also, cabbage and carrot slaw with chicken dressed with a homemade tahini-siracha sauce.


5. What I'm Pinning Doing this Weekend:  Lola and I are lake bound!



Happy Friday!


What are your weekend plans?

1 comment: