Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What I _______ Wednesday, Vol. 16

What I am watching on TV Wednesday - Reality Dating Style

So, I don't watch a lot of TV, but what I do watch is really ridiculous reality TV (Hello Real Housewives!).  It makes me feel better about my life. 

This weekend I discovered a new show, which made me realize, my favorites are the reality dating shows! 

Personally, I hate dating. I think it is an awful, awkward experience and it is too much pressure.  That is why it's so entertaining!

1. Millionaire Matchmaker

source
Surely, you've all seen this one.  I actually want to be a matchmaker.  Those who can't do, teach, right?!? 


2. Tough Love

source
This season, Steve Ward, the hottie patottie matchmaker and host, took the show to Miami.  It wasn't my favorite season.  I fell in love with this show a couple of years ago during season 1.  Seriously, when I googled to find a picture, I found an application to be a participant and almost applied.  The only thing holding me back is the whole national television thing!

Allegedly, he is the guy who came up with the "he's just not that into you" premise, originally brought to light on Sex in the City.  He takes in a bunch of single girls and teaches them why they are unsuccessful at relationships.  He is actually very inciteful, and of all these shows, it is the least ridiculous.


3. Why am I Still Single?

source
Another VH1 show, it comes on right after Tough Love.  The best part is, the matchmaker starts out by setting up 2 clients she knows are wrong for each other and sends them on a "test date".  She watches the insanity onfold on hidden cameras.  It is hilarious to see how these fools act on a blind date!  She then coaches them and they are set up on a real date.  Why they are still single is obvious to any normal human being.


 4. Geek Love

source
My new addiciton discovery.  I thought I was a dork, but WOW!

Some genius decided to start speed dating at ComiCon.  How perfect!  These aren't the type of people who are going out to bars and meeting new people, so ComiCon is the ideal opportunity for them to not only meet someone, but meet someone who is into all the dorkireffic stuff they are into.

I have also considered starting a speed dating business.  Think about it....no overhead costs, it only takes a couple of hours, and it would be rewarding.  This show got me thinking about other niche markets to hit.  Maybe foodies at food festivals?  Sports entusiasts at games?  Runners at expos before races?


Do you watch any of these shows?  If you are single, would you ever consider speed dating?