Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mojo Found

My alarm clock this morning was the voice of my sister (who stayed the night with me last night) informing me the electricity was out.  Uggggh.  My first thought was, "How am I going to make coffee?"

This morning's lack of electricity was due to a pretty intense thunderstorm that came through last night.  The positive in all this: with the rain is a "cold" front, so at least Christmas will feel like Christmas....but, it will be rainy.  That's okay, I'll cozy up in front of the fireplace at my parents' house.




I had planned on posting a new, delicious recipe for y'all this morning, but the chaos of no electricity kept me from uploading the pictures. :(

So, I'll tell you about my run yesterday!

Ever since my half marathon 2 1/2 weeks ago, I have lost my running mojo.  One 5-mile run was all I'd completed since the half.  For some reason, I have been intimidated by the idea of running.  I have no clue where this came from! 

So yesterday, I decided enough was enough and after work I geared up, leashed up Lola, and we started jogging.  Why was I so scared?  This wasn't so bad.  At least, for me it wasn't...Lola is obviously terrified of Christmas decorations, and our route had A LOT of them. 

My goal was 5 miles, but I realized after the first couple of miles that I hadn't planned a route, so I ended up running 6.27 miles.  10K for the win!

It felt good, but I'm already sore.  I'm anxious to get back out there and run again! I think I got my running mojo back. :)

source

Have you ever lost your running mojo?  How long was it gone and how did you get it back?

Be on the lookout for a new recipe tomorrow!


****I just signed up for the Home for the Holidays Virtual 10k!  You should, too!