Monday, December 19, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

What am I crying about?

The fact that I have already tragically FAILED at this plan.   Pure gluttony has overcome me and I've eaten so much junk (especially cake) and drank so much beer that it is ridiculous.  Also, I have not run...AT ALL!  Still at a whopping 5 miles since my half marathon 2 weeks ago.  The only positive is that I added an extra CrossFit class Saturday morning.  A hangover+CrossFit= a Saturday of unproductivity.  Post CrossFit, I was useless.

What else am I crying about?

The fact that I'm 27 today.  Seriously.  Typing that brought tears to my eyes.  Why is 27 so much harder to swallow than 26?

Enough with the pity party....


source


I'm going to celebrate my birthday by having a Pronia's muffaletta for lunch, doing this WOD after work (and I'm going to attempt it as prescribed! Eeek!), and having breakfast for dinner (per my request) at my parent's house.

My new goal: be active every single day for the rest of the year. That means at the very least, walking with my brownie. 




I'm off next week, so maybe I can throw in a couple of 2 a days.  Since I seem to have no self control when it comes to food, I will focus on exercise.  Then, start fresh in the new year.


How did you celebrate your last birthday?  Did it involve cake or exercise or both?