1. The super cute race tee-shirts from "4 mile on the 4th" I ran this morning. (Thanks Lake Area Runners for hosting another great run!)
Showing American AND Louisiana some love.
2. My Sperry wedges purchased at the end of last summer on clearance. Today is my first time to wear them and I can't think of anything more all-American than seersucker Sperry Topsiders.
3. Being off work! I'm so thankful I work for the state and we are off on holidays. Oh, and I used vacation days for Thursday and Friday, so 5 day weekend!
4. Watermelon! Although it originated in southern Africa, I can't imagine Independence day without it.
Also, it's the perfect post run snack.
5. Patriotic Lola.
|Okay, so this picture is old, but I can't find her dang 4th of July bandana!!|
6. The greatest American novel. I started re-reading last night at work.
7. Spending time with family and friends.
This morning, my sister and I ran the 4 miler on the 4th together, now we are spending the day by the pool!
|Obviously not our run this morning, but we failed to take a picture. :( Plus, I like this picture because I'm tan.|
What are you loving? How are you spending the 4th of July?