Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mediterranean Fish Tacos

I used my leftover roasted vegetables as inspiration for this recipe:



Mediterranean Fish Tacos
roasted vegetables (I used about 1/3 of the recipe)
2 whole grain, low carb tortillas
pepperoncini peppers
fresh parsley
2 fillets of fish (I used trout that my good friend & trainer caught and gave me :))
For marinade:
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
For tzatziki sauce:
1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp plain, non fat greek yogut
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper


1.  Make tzatziki sauce.  Combine greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, worchester sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor.  I used my tiny food processor/chopper because I made such a small amount.


2. Marinate the trout filets with worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, and oregano.  Spray both sides with non-stick cooking spray and place on a piece of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Place on heated grill and cook over med-high heat about 7 mins on each side.



3.  Heat tortillas in the microwave for about 30 secs.  Add grilled fish (I flaked the filets a little), roasted vegetables, peppers, tzatziki sauce, and finish with fresh parsley.



A great lunch full of lean protein and veggies!  Enjoy!  Now I'm going shoe shopping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment