Wednesday, July 27, 2011

rain, rain, go away! let's eat some pb & j!

2 weeks ago I was begging for rain.  My grass was dying, I couldn't water my plants enough, and swimming in the pool felt like taking a warm bath.  I guess I should have been careful what I wished for!  The rain has, once again, moved my workout indoors.  One of my favorite things about bleacher club is that I'm outside instead of stuck in a gym! Oh well, enough complaining...C'est la vie.  I just hope it stops soon.

                                       



I ordered a foam roller on Amazon today.
 I have been having some pain and tightness in my left calf, and I'm hoping this will help loosen it up.  Read this article from FitSugar on the benefits of stretching using a foam roller.


I have a new favorite snack, PB&J yogurt! 

Peanut Butter & Jelly Yogurt
1/2 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp sugar free jelly (I used sugar free mayhaw jelly made by me and my dad last year)


This delicious snack is about 175 calories with a whopping 15 g of protein!  I used creamy peanut butter because it is what I normally prefer and have on hand, but a crunchy element would have taken this snack to another level on the yummy charts.  So I recommend crunchy peanut butter, if you've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment