Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Banana Protein Ice Cream

Has anyone seen the Yonana's informercial?  I'm not usually apt to want to buy things off infomercials, but this one had me.  Soft serve ice cream made from bananas only?!? Yes, please!




Being that I research everything to death before purchasing, of course I googled yonana's to see some product reviews.  Many consumer reviews stated that you don't need the fancy yonana's machince and that you can make this frozen banana soft serve with just a food processor!  Then, I saw this post on Two Peas & Their Pod. I had to try this!

So I made my version of Banana Protein Ice Cream.

ingredients:
1 small banana
1 scoop of protein powder
a splash milk (I used unsweetened almond milk, but any kind would do)

1. Slice banana on a plate or tray lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for 2 hours.  (I didn't use the wax paper and the bananas stuck to the plate).



2. Put all ingredients in food processor and process until bananas have a smooth texture.


The varieties of banana ice cream you could make are endless!  You could add peanut butter, cocoa powder, strawberries, peaches, other fruit, any flavor protein powder, coconut. After my first bite, I instantly thought graham crackers and cool whip, like a banana cream pie.  Yum!

I recently read this article from Shape magazine stating that post workout snacks should be a mix of carbs and protein.  This would be the perfect snack after a long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment