Don't you wish you were those chickpeas and I had brought you along?
2 cans chickpeas
spray canola oil
1/2 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp smoked chipotle
2 tbsp lime juice
|not pictured: lime juice.|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas throughly. Rub dry between paper towels, removing skins.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl. Spray with canola oil and toss to coat.
- Add all spices/seasonings and lime juice to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spray a baking sheet with canola oil. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet in thin layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until crunchy, stirring every 15 minutes.
Today is the McNeese Cowboy's first home game of the season.
If I could be at two places at once, I would be with my Ponkies tailgating the day away. I will drown my sorrows of not being there in another pina colada. :)