Saturday, September 17, 2011

Snacks-to-Go, Vol. 2: Roasted Chickpeas

If I had to guess, I would say right now, I am probably laying on the beach, basking in the sun, with a margarita in one hand, snacking on some of the roasted chickpeas I brought along. 

Don't you wish you were those chickpeas and I had brought you along?

Roasted Chickpeas

ingredients:

2 cans chickpeas
spray canola oil
1/2 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp smoked chipotle
2 tbsp lime juice

not pictured: lime juice.


directions:

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



- Rinse chickpeas throughly.  Rub dry between paper towels, removing skins.

- Place chickpeas in a bowl.  Spray with canola oil and toss to coat.

- Add all spices/seasonings and lime juice to the bowl.  Toss to coat.



- Spray a baking sheet with canola oil.  Spread chickpeas on baking sheet in thin layer.



- Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until crunchy, stirring every 15 minutes.



Bon Appetit!


Go Pokes!
 Today is the McNeese Cowboy's first home game of the season. 

6-25-ZX9803

If I could be at two places at once, I would be with my Ponkies tailgating the day away.  I will drown my sorrows of not being there in another pina colada. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment