Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside (sorta)

A cold front came through Southwest Louisiana today.

This morning when I left for work, it was hot.

When I left work to head home, it was cold.

I was freezing all day in the office.  I wore a skirt and short sleeved sweater.  At lunch, I sat in my car with the heat on and managed to rummage up a Nike fleece running jacket.  It was sooo trendy with my black pencil skirt and grey sweater.  No picture, but trust me, super trendy.

Upon arriving home after work, I immediately put on my cozy jeans and my favorite sweatshirt.  A sweatshirt might be a tad bit overboard since it is in the 60's outside, but I was frozen to my core from sitting in my artic chill office all day.




Since I worked out at 5:30 this morning, I had the whole afternoon free.  I used this opportunity to see a movie with some long lost friends.

I packed some healthy snacks for the theater.  Homemade cinnamon & almond granola and baby carrots.




I'm not a huge baby carrot fan, but they are a very portable snack.  Lola loves them. 

She will sit...




and shake...



for a carrot.  She prefers them with peanut butter.  Smart girl!  Everything is better with peanut butter.

We saw the new Footloose.  Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I didn't pick the flick.  It was cute. 

Milestone

I met another workout milestone today.  I filled the last page in my first CrossFit journal.




I write the workout, the amount of weight, and my time or number of rounds every single class.  From my first CrossFit WOD on 08/27/2010...




to my latest, today.


This beast wouldn't fit on one page!  I had to use the back cover.


One journal down, hopefully many more to go.  I already have a new one.



I love anything with a nautical touch!  Plus it was on clearance for $0.25 at Michaels.



Do you document your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment