Friday, December 9, 2011

What I've Been Up To

There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done!  I've been so busy this week recapping you with all things half marathon and posting my November report card that I haven't filled you in on what I've been doing.

Sunday was, as the Lord intended, a day of rest.  And a day of food.  I wasn't too hungry post half marathon, but the hunger monster paid me a visit Sunday... and didn't leave until Tuesday.

Monday was going to include a light recovery run, but after eating popcorn, bean burritos, and yogurt, I feel asleep on the couch at 7:00 PM.  I woke up at 11:00 PM, brushed my teeth, put on pajamas, and crawled in bed.  12 hours of sleep!  I guess it takes a few days to recover from running a half marathon followed by drinking way too much whiskey at a Christmas party.


source

Tuesday I felt like a new woman!  I was actually contemplating running the Swamp Stomp half marathon this upcoming weekend.  But after this CrossFit WOD, I changed my mind. That first SDLHP proved to me my legs had not recovered from the half...I didn't know how I would do 149 more!  But somehow I did.  I finished in 24:31. 

I also added green back to my diet on Tuesday.  (The whole "I ran a half marathon, so I can eat what I want" was long past due of being over!)  Chicken Shwarma salad from Cedars for lunch and salad with roasted green beans and roasted brussel sprouts for dinner. 

Wednesday was a disaster.  It was ridiculously cold outside when I woke up. 
My back, shoulders, and biceps were already sore from Tuesday's workout.  My entire 36 oz water bottle spilled in my purse, flooding everything.  Checkbook, coupons, dayplanner, money, tampons...all water logged.  At lunch, I dropped my tupperware of roasted vegetables on the kitchen floor; I don't know if I was more upset about the loss of veggies or about cleaning up the mess. After work, I had to brave the cold to fill in a hole the size of Big Lake that Lola dug and cover pipes in preparation for the freeze.  Then, I had to go to Wal-Mart (aka hell on Earth) to do some Christmas shopping. And since I didn't have a single fresh fruit or vegetable in the house, I followed Wal-Mart with a trip to Kroger.  By the time I finished all of this, it was too late and too cold for a run. Bah Humbug!


source

Since I'm trying to focus on the positive, I did get 2 presents bought.  Also, Kroger was having an insane produce sale!  (I'll tell you about it later.)

After work Thursday, I ran a couple of errands, then ran a couple of miles.  4 to be exact.  It was cold and my legs were still a little sore, but it felt good .  Lola came along, too!  Then I baked some muffins for a meeting at work Friday. (I'll post the recipe soon.)

My plan for today, Friday, is to tackle this CrossFit WOD, grill some shish kabobs, then grocery shop in preparation for Bake-a-thon 2011.  Every year I have a marathon baking day to make holiday treats for friends.  That day is tomorrow!  Hopefully baking will help put me in the Christmas spirit.


What did you do this week?  Do you find things are getting crazier and more hectic the closer Dec 25th gets?