Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Toeless, At Home Workouts

My toe hurts.  I still have yet to be able to wear real shoes.  Heels or wedges are always on my feet for work, but I've been sporting flat sandals for the last 2 days.  I can't even wear sandal wedges because they all put pressure on the joint in my big toe and it is extremely painful.


So, I didn't run Sunday, I didn't run yesterday, and I didn't CrossFit today.  While I know I could lift and pull and squat, I couldn't bear the pain of wearing sneakers to get to the gym!


Going into this week, I was determined to fit in some awesome workouts becasue this upcoming weekend I will be over indulging at the beach. But once again, I realize I have no control over some things.  So I have a new plan....


I missed my opportunity for a workout today, because I will be at work until 10 PM, but tomorrow morning I will complete this at home workout.


I would love to warm up with some cardio, or even throw it into the tabata mix.  Any suggestions of what I can do without putting weight on my left foot?  Rowing would work, but I will be completing this at home and don't have a rower.

Thursday was a planned CrossFit day, but if she still isn't fitting into a shoe or if the WOD involves to much "toe pressure", I will complete this workout, using a resistance band.


This is a butt blaster:

source
If you have questions about any of the other movements, let me know and I can explain.  Or you can just google or you tube it because I'm sure the is someone, somewhere on the internet explaining it better than I could.

Friday is another planned CrossFit day, but if if my little piggy is still hurting (please, please, please be better by Friday!), I'll do this WOD from CrossFit on the Go.


If life hands you lemons, make limoncello.  But if life hands you a bum toe, make up some workouts that don't require shoes.

What kind of cardio can I do with using my left, big toe?  Do you have any go to at-home workouts?


*Disclaimer: I am not a certified personal trainer.  These are workouts I developed and/or stole based on my personal preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment