Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Update and Workout Plans

***I was a loser blogger this weekend and failed to take a single picture.  I regret this most Friday night, because my godson changes so much everytime I see him and I should be documenting it!!!  Anyway, this post is pictureless.

After this WOD on Friday, I showered, packed a "lunch" (taco salad), and headed to my best friends house.  She and her husband went to dinner and I had the privilege of watching my 11 week old godson, Patrick, while they were out.  We watched Caddyshack and I told him all about my days as a Pro Shop girl and how much fun I had.  Then, he ate and went to sleep.  It was the best Friday night date I've had in a long time.

Saturday morning my alarm went off at 6:00 AM because I decided to run!  I convinced my sister to run with me.  It was raining, but not really hard, just off and on drizzles.  The upside to the rain was it was actually cool outside. The race went as well as it could for me considering I haven't run but a total of maybe 6 miles since the Blue Bell Fun Run in early April.  Unfortunately, the after party was cut short because of the weather, but I did have a chance to stop by the Claim Your Journey booth.

A friend drove in from Baton Rouge, so we did lunch and some day drinking at the Porch, followed by shopping, more day drinking, and a crawfish boil.  The night was rounded out with some Seersuckers, bourbon shots (Blanton and something else that was 141 proof and awful!), and lots of laughing with my sister, my roommate, and Seth, my best friend/soul mate who was in town from Houston.

I deeply regretted all those drinks when my alarm went off at 6:00 AM Sunday morning for church.  After 7:30 AM mass and a hearty breakfast, we went to my aunt's house for Mother's day lunch and homemade ice cream.  After spending the day with family, I arrived back home around 5:00 PM and had a little mother daughter time with Lola on a long walk.  The weekend ended with a shower, pizza, Tough Love, and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Last weeks workouts looked like this:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 5:30 AM CrossFit
Wednesday: AM run + tabata (push ups, chair dips, sit ups, and lunges) off
Thursday: CrossFit off
Friday: 5:30 PM CrossFit
Saturday: Contraband 5-miler
Sunday: run or bleachers  3.5 mile walk
 
I have to do better this week!  The plan:
 
Monday: off
Tuesday: 5:30 AM CrossFit
Wednesday: morning run + tabata (squats, sit ups, push ups, dips)
Thursday: 5:30 AM CrossFit
Friday: CrossFit
Saturday: CrossFit or run or bleachers
Sunday: run or bleachers
 
 
What did you do this weekend?  Do you mind running in the rain? I actually really enjoy running in the rain, if I don't have to step in puddles.
 

2 comments: