Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yay!

Guess who has 2 thumbs and reached her July CrossFit goal this morning?

ME!!!!
Pinned Image
source (so I'm not going to lie...kicking into a handstand didn't really hurt.  It was more of a mental victory than a physical victory, but still a victory!!!!)
Just yesterday I posted how close I was to accomplishing a handstand.  Well, this morning after our warm up was goal work time.  I got into position, hands over my head, then touched them to the ground while kicking off.  I felt myself hit the wall. Shrill screams of excitement followed.  Everyone thought I had broken my skull except my coach, Megan, who was standing right next to me.  She saw my handstand in all its wobbly, crooked, less than 2 seconds glory. High fives and hugs ensued. 

So I tried again. And failed.  And again.  And failed.  And again.  And failed....  

But that is okay.  My goal wasn't to do 2 consecutive handstands, it was to do one.  It was by no means perfect, but its only July 26.  I have 5 days to work out the kinks. :)

Pinned Image
source

After kicking into a handstand, we did this WOD

Oh, and my sister accomplished her July goal of completing a workout with only one pull up band.  Congrats, Sarah!

What an awesome start to the day!

Now I need to set an August goal and get to work.  Maybe a 1 minute handstand hold?  Who knows, maybe by the end of the year I'll be able to do handstand push ups. 
Motivational Quote - Set goals. Reach goals. Make new goals. Repeat.
source

Do you set goals regularly? 
This is something we just started at CrossFit and I'm loving it! Obviously, it's helping me progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment