Thursday, August 4, 2011

Always Listen to Justin Bieber

I have now been at my parents for 5 days. Here are a few reasons it's going to be hard for me to leave:

1. the ridiculously comforatable bed in the guest room.  It is insane.  I'm trying to convince them to trade me.

2. Coffee is already made when I get up in the morning. I walk straight to the pot, before my eyes are even fully open.

                                           

3. My mom did my laundry!

4. Wi-fi.  I didn't have internet at my old abode.

5.Long bubble baths.  I also didn't have a bath tub at my old abode.

                                           
6. I always have someone around to visit.

But I miss Lola!  She stayed behind at my sister's house, so auntie has been taking care of her.  I've been so busy with work, workouts, moving duties, and book club that I have barely seen her sweet, brown face over the past 5 days.  I wonder if she has any clue we are moving.  Her new back yard is huge!  I think she is going to love it!


 
I made yesterday a "rest day" and skipped all cardio and strength training.  I did have a long stretching session on my foam roller. 

Today was this CrossFit WOD (Work Out of the Day).  I did 55# SDLHP (Only because another CrossFitter pushed me...I was only going to do 45# and she told me I could do more.  Another reason group workouts are so great!) and HSPU off a box. I finished 6 rounds + 7 SDLHP.  I felt really good! My "rest day" must have super charged me.

Dinner was smothered okra & chicken.  I promised on Sunday to post this recipe, but my mom made it on Monday night when I was cleaning.  Tonight was my first opportunity to eat any, and I had to do little less than hide it in the back abyss of the fridge to make sure I got any at all!  It was yummy!  Next time I make this dish, I will definitely post it.  It will likely be in my new kitchen, because...

TOMORROW IS MOVING DAY!  It is also painting day, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to get a workout in, but I guess moving and painting will use some muscle and burn some calories! I'm absolutely dreading the move!  After my last move, I swore I would never do it again in the summer.  I guess that is why Justin Bieber says, "Never Say Never."

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment