Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We Always Regret the Things We Didn't Do More Than the Things We Did


Moving is consuming my life!  All I think about is my epic to-do list that must be completed in order for me to be "officially" moved in.  I'm mentally and physically drained.


Unfortunately, Lola is still with her Auntie...I miss that brown girl!


Yesterday, I left work after a lunch time HIPPA training session, which further drained me mentally. (It was a review of the same things I have been hearing since I started working in hospitals almost 10 years ago!) I went to the "new" house to do, yet, some more painting.  My bedroom and bathroom are officially done!  I just have one more room to prime and paint.

I finished in time to go to Bleacher Club at 5:15, but I was not in the mood.  I was beyond exhausted.  I kept thinking, "Showing up is half the battle.  Just get there and you will be fine!"  I showed up, but my whole heart wasn't in the workout; I definitely did not give 100%.  And the workout was full of new movements, which I normally would have been excited about, but to say I was not motivated is an under statement.

It got me thinking, is a half ass workout better than no workout at all?  Or would I have been better off taking a rest day?  So, as I do with most of life's great questions, I googled it.  
                                                          
I ran across this post from Jen @ This Runner's Trials. It summed up exactly how I felt.  Good to know I'm not alone!  But she ended up motivated for her run; I never got over my slump, even after starting my workout.

Then, I found an article titled "10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Skip Your Workout."  After reading this article, I realize I made the right decision.  I burned calories. I built muscle. I am closer to my goals.

Not every workout is going to be exhilarating, but sometimes you have to suck it up. You are much more likely to regret skipping an exercise session than you are to regret biting the bullet and working up a sweat.

I was sleeping like a baby by 9:30 last night!

My baby sleeping after a day at the beach.
                                              

1 comment:

  1. I think you made the right decision to go. Something is better than nothing. :) When I face situations like that I always bargain with myself that I don't have to give 100% because even 50% is better than 0%. However, if even 50% is enough to make me want to cry having to go through then I will rest. ;)

    ReplyDelete