Friday, September 9, 2011

Accidental 10K

Early Morning Updates

So there was a slight change to my plan.  Instead of CrossFit Wed AM and run Thurs AM, I swapped them.  Some changes have been made to the CrossFit class schedules since opening a second gym south of town.  Thankfully, my sister checked the schedule for me and I didn't show up Wednesday at 5:30 AM at the downtown gym to find no one there.

Wednesday AM

-Woke up at 5:30.  Brushed teeth, changed clothes, bunned hair. I was starving.  I usually don't eat before a run, but I knew grumbling tummy would sabotage my run. I had yogurt with a little pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, sugar free syrup, and a few pecans. 

- 6:00: Stretched while I let my yogurt digest a little.  Leashed up Lola.

- 6:15: Hit the road.  Lola was so excited.  It was right under 60 degrees and felt wonderful! Weather like this always makes her frisky.

-6:58: 4 miles later we were turning back into my road. 4 miles in 43 minutes isn't too shabby, especially since we had to stop for some potty breaks for my girl.

I felt great the whole run!  I'm so excited to see and feel the progress I am making. My knee has been hurting a little, but I am icing it every night, hoping it doesn't get any worse.

I had to hurry and shower to make it to work on time.  I would have started earlier, but it was so dang dark. Days are getting shorter. :(

Thursday AM

-4:30 AM: woke up, brushed teeth, put on workout clothes, contemplated breakfast or no breakfast and decided on the same breakfast as the day before ("pumpkin" yogurt). This was the right decision...there is no way I could have finished my workout without any fuel in my tummy!

-5:30 AM: arrived at CrossFit.  Since it was so early, I wasn't able to check the post of the day's workout.  John wrote on the board "WOD: 10K". 


I have NEVER run over 6 miles! Is God telling me I'm not meant to be at the gym so early?  I couldn't just get in my car in leave, so I ran.

- 5:42 AM: Out the door of the gym.

-6:45 AM: FINALLY returned to the gym 62 minutes and 37 seconds later.  My first 10K ever!  Definitely not the way I planned for it to happen, but it was probably better this way.  I ran 6.2 miles! And it felt awesome!  I am so excited! 

I wanted to foam roll and stretch when I got home, but didn't have time. I quickly loved and fed Lola, showered, smoothied, and fixed a coffee-to-go.   

My knee is still hurting, so I'm icing it as much as possible, but I've just been so busy!  My ankle starting hurting on this run too, so I guess I'm going to be icing it as well. 


Rest day. I think me knee needs the day off! And I need some sleep. Adios black circles under my eyes!

Weekend Workout Plans

Saturday AM: Bleachers

Sunday AM: 5 mile run with Andrea

Have you ever met a milestone that wasn't planned?  How excited were you?

No comments:

Post a Comment