Saturday, January 7, 2012

Spring in January?!?

Although I was really sore and a little hungover, yesterday was warm and windy as a spring day and I had a lot on my mind.  Only one thing to do....run.

January 7th and warm enough to wear a tank and shorts.  This girl isn't complaining!


Please excuse my unmade bed in the background.


I knew starting out it wouldn't be a fast run (see above mention of hangover and DOMS and add in breaking in my new shoes).  My goal was 5 miles, but I cut it short at 4 and walked the additional 1.5 miles back to my house. 

This run did it's job by making me sweaty and helping me clear my head.

I spent the rest of my weekend, as usual, with friends, family, food, and football.  How about them Saints?!?! 

Add in another "f" for flat tire. :(  Luckily, my roommate/landlord is a super nice guy and he came to Lola and my rescue and put on my spare.  My spare is full sized, so getting to a tire shop isn't urgent, but I've already got a busy week ahead of me and this adds one more thing to my to do list.

A run was on the agenda for today, but my legs are even more sore.  I did laundry instead.

Sugar Free January Update: I'm proud to announce I've had no refined sugar since January 2, in spite of the fact that I baked cookies for the Saints game (no spatula licking!), my sister brought over red velvet whoppie pies, and my mom had cream puffs.  6 days! That may not sound like a lot, but for this sweets addict, it's a big deal! Only 23 days to go.  (I'm thinking my first sweet treat will be a scoop of Mardi Gras BlueBell.  A friend and I were talking about it last night and it sounds divine!)

BlueBell's description: "Almond flavored ice cream with amaretto sauce and candy sprinkles."


What did you do this weekend?