Friday, January 20, 2012

What Not to Do With Cauliflower

Workin' on my Fitness

Tuesday was a CrossFit day.  This WOD.  The pull ups were done from a dead hang, so no kipping.  I had trouble finding a band that was challenging, yet still allowed me to complete the pull up. I really wanted to get it with the blue band, but no luck.  I finished the quarter mile of lunges in 14:43.  That is 7.5 times slower than my 400 m run! Oh, and it was raining during the lunges.  I was unsure how much of my shirt saturation was rain and how much was sweat. (For some reason walk lunges make my heart rate soar!  It got as high as it does during sprints.)

Wednesday was GORGEOUS and a little under 60 degrees when I left work.  So Lola and I went for a 4 miler.  Not my fastest run, but the DOMS had set in from all those walk lunges so my glutes were tight. 

Thursday was back to CrossFit for "Joshie".  Wowza!  My legs were still really sore from Tuesday's WOD, and I didn't realize it until I started pull ups, but my arms were sore too! I used 12# DB for the 1 armed snatches and replaced L-pull ups with a set of 21 blue and green band pull ups followed by a 21 second L hang.  It was one of those workouts that I thought would never end.  It wore me out!  Today was going to be a running day, but I think it may be a rest day.

Foodie Fail

Since I was up to my eyeballs in cauliflower, I decided to try a recipe I pinned ages ago.  It was a major fail. 


I used this reciped from Beth at Eat.Drink.Smile as a guideline. Partially because I had none and didn't want to go to the store and partially because I wanted to save the calories and fat, I decided to leave out the cheese and add an extra egg.  Don't do it! 

Going into the oven, all looked well.
My crust browned on the edges, but was mushy in the middle.  I turned down the oven and left it a little longer, which resulted in burnt cauliflower mess!


So I scrapped my idea for chicken, spinach, & broccoli pesto pizza and had chicken, spinach, and roasted broccoli salad with "salvaged cauliflower crust" croutons. It was actually very good!

The lesson here is the cheese in the cauliflower crust is necessary.

Good news: I gave away the last of the cauliflower, so I may not turn into one! (After eating it 2 meals a day for 5 days, I was starting to worry.) 


Do you get sick of eating the same thing over and over?
I usually don't mind, but right now, the thought of cauliflower is making me nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment