Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I _________ Wednesday, Vol. 20

What I Am Eating Since Going Paleo Wednesday

I have been eating some pretty odd combos of food since jumping on the Paleo bandwagon.  Also, I thought y'all might be interested in hearing about my "go to" foods that I've been consuming on almost a daily basis.

1. Avocados - I'm averaging almost 1 a day.  An avocado a day keeps the doctor away?!

source

2. Green monster smoothies - This has always been a morning staple because it makes for a fast breakfast and I like to start my day with  a serving of veggies.  The difference is, now I'm adding fats in the form of full fat coconut milk or almond butter.

3. Breakfast salads - This one is pretty weird, but suprisingly tasty.  It started with leftover spinach , strawberry, and pecan salad from my mom's house that I topped with 2 eggs sunny side up. (Oh how I love runny eggs!) Then, it became eggs on top of any greens or veggies.  This morning I ate roasted brussels sprouts topped with 2 eggs.  My favorite combos contain fruit, though. Speaking of fruit...

4. Fruit, fruit and more fruit - Some hardcore Paleolithian dieters think fruit should be consumed very minimally.  But this sweets lover eats 2-3 servings a day.  It is my candy/cookie/ice cream/cake replacement.


source - If only...
5. Paleo cereal - Cereal used to be my favorite food, until my old trainer told me it was making me fat.  Discovering this treat made me so giddy, because I get my cereal back!  It's basically chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.), seeds (sunflower, chia, pumpkin, etc), unsweetened coconut flakes, cinnamon or cocoa powder, maybe a little protein powder to balance the fats, and almond milk.

6. Almond butter - almost a jar a week.  Good thing I save money by making my own!



7. Lots of new recipes - I'm sure y'all have noticed the influx of new recipes on the blog. And another one coming your way tomorrow. Stay tuned!



What is your favorite "Paleo Friendly" (non grain, non legume, non sugar) food?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh you know I'm obsessed with the brussels/egg combo! Love having eggs over salads and such. I need to bring that back. Runny egg + arugula = so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a very healthy list of everyday food, and there are definitely lots of veggies and fruits in there!:) Keep it up, and stay happy all the time too:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should do a post just on your paleo cereal!

    ReplyDelete