Monday, March 26, 2012

Barefoot Walk, Ice Cream, & a Black Eye

Here is what my weekend looked like:

Friday after work, I cooked tuna steaks for my sister and roommate.  We washed them down with Paleo friendly margaritas (tequila, fresh squeezed lime and orange juice, and club soda), then, fixed to go cups and started our trek to Live @ the Lakefront.

It was the perfect night to sit outdoors and listen to music.  Since I had already consumed my maximum 2 Paleo drinks, I switched to beer, because regardless of what I drank, it would be -5.  Beer were reasonably priced at $3 per 16 oz.  I had 3, which was probably one too many.

source - This was so much fun! Thanks Arts & Humanaties Council for hosting.  I plan on going back next week.

The over 2 mile walk to the Civic Center was pleasant, but the walk home was not.  I had to ditch my shoes to avoid blisters. I'm sure the residents of the homes I walked past (probably some of the highest priced real estate in  my city) thought I was super classy.  Once finally  home, some friends picked me up to head to Luna for a drink, but I had already had too many beer, and couldn't stay long.  It was a similar situation to the last time I cheated with beer, except I avoided vomiting.

I woke up in my dress, cardigan, and jewelry Saturday morning.  Never a good sign.  Lola was going with her auntie to the lake for the day, so I packed her bag and kissed her bye.  I spent the morning being lazy and doing a little bit of laundry.  Finally, after lunch sometime, I decided to shower and get dressed, then ran a few errands, then went to my friends' son's birthday party.  He turned 2!  The weather was perfect for an outdoor party and I enjoyed seeing my friends and their kids.  (I wore a romper. So did 3 week old Maddie and 2 year old Parker. Awkward! I hate it when other girls show up in the same outfit as me.)

The cake and ice cream was really hard to resist.  Oh, and the candy buffet.  It's amazing how after you cheat (beer Friday night), it makes cheating that much more tempting and almost justifiable.  All the grown up friends ended up staying after the party and visiting.  Before I knew it, it was almost 8:00.  I went home, ate supper and some coconut ice cream (all I could think about was cake and ice cream), showered, and was in bed by 9:30.  

I was so excited to see Lola Sunday morning!  I missed her sweet, brown face all day Saturday.  The first thing I did upon waking up was run to her room (aka the sunroom) to tell her good morning.  We were sitting on the couch playing and snuggling, when she pawed at my face.  Not viciously, but in a playful way.  Her right paw went directly into my eye.  I thought I was blind. When I was finally able to open my eye again, I made my way to a mirror to see the cut and bruise below my right eye.  Great, I look like I've been domestically abused.

The rest of my morning was occupied by icing my eye, being lazy, and putting together a chili in the crockpot before heading to my sister's house for my first pool day of the year!  I read some magazines and soaked up sun from about 11:00 to 2:00.  That was enough time for me to get burnt to a crisp.  I haven't been this sunburnt in years!

The remainder of my afternoon and evening was spent at my mom and dad's visiting.  My mom cooked supper, we planned our trip to Texas hill country for the Blue Bell run (there was an article in April's Southern Living about a road trip through the bluebonnets!), and my friend Seth, from Houston, stopped by before heading back to Texas. I finally arrived home around 9:00, showered, and caught the second showing of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.  I was really hoping to see Shahs of Sunset, but it wasn't reairing until around midnight.  Oh well, I catch the rerun soon.

Back to the grind today.

What did you do this weekend?  Are you addicted to Shahs of Sunset?  Pretty sure it's my 2nd favorite Bravo show (behind Top Chef), which says a lot, because Bravo is all I watch.


  1. I do love Top Chef as well but haven't watched it in a while!

  2. This past weekend I had a friend's wedding Saturday night .. it was a blast!! She even played our song from back in high school for us to dance to! Needless to say, Sunday was spent resting and recovering :)