Friday, April 6, 2012

The Friday Five

1. What I'm Reading: The Mockingjay

source
I finished The Hunger Games and Girl on Fire.  I have yet to see the movie; Mom and  I may go today.  The first book was very enjoyable, but the further I get into the series, the less interested I become.  I feel no real attachment to any of the characters and am much more into the political aspects of the book than the relationships.

Although, I do think it is a great series for young adults because Katniss is a great role model (especially compared to the heroine of another wildly popular, made into movie, science fiction young adult series) and it raises the question of how much government control is too much.

2. What I'm Watching: Shahs of Sunset

source
Bless you, Bravo, for this wonderful gift.  I am in awe of the cast; they are amazing, ridiculous, hilarious, and downright entertaining.  Reeza's one-liners kill me!

3. What I'm Eating: Asparagus.
source
It's no secret I'm obsessed.  Since it's in-season and has been on sale, I've been eating absurd quantities.

4.  What I'm Listening To: NPR podcast: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

source
It's very entertaining and the perfect length for weekday runs (between 45-50 minutes).  A humorous way to fit the news into my week.

5.  What I'm Pinning spending countless hours online scouring: cars

source
source
source
It's official that my car is totaled, so I'm currently car shopping.  This is the only kind of shopping I don't enjoy.  *Sigh.  


Bonus: What I'm Contributing to Easter Dinner:
source
strawberry ice box cake (I'm attempting to make it more Paleo friendly by using full-fat coconut milk in the place of heavy cream and agave instead of confectioners sugar)

source
white wine sangria with apples, blackberries, and hopefully peaches, if I can find some

source
hummus (My aunt fell in love with it when she tried it at Zeus, so I'm hoping she likes mine just as much.)

source
guacamole deviled eggs (A healthier alternative to traditional deviled eggs, which are always made with the broken paquing losers.)


Your turn.  What are you reading, eating, watching, listening to, searching the Internet for, and making for Easter? GO.

6 comments:

  1. oooh I have that book on hold that the library- hope it comes in soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I broke down and bought it off Amazon because I was too impatient to wait for it to come off hold!

      Delete
  2. I've caught a few episodes of Shahs of Sunset--it's particularly interesting for me to watch because I'm half-Persian. While I can relate to a lot of it, there's also a great portion that falsely showcases the culture. At the end of the day, it's just another reality show and the drama is part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. The reality shows that showcase Louisiana are ridiculous and represent a very small part of our population, but are very entertaining. You have to take it all with a grain of salt.

      Delete
  3. Ok - I too have been tuning into the Shahs. It is so ridiculous and I can't believe how sucked in I am to this crazy show!! And white wine sangris? yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white wine sangria was good! A perfect summer drink.

      Delete