This is why I have decided to set some shorter term goals to help me reach my long term goals.
This week, I will:
1. Run a total of at least 12 miles in addition to my regular Bleacher Club and CrossFit workouts. If this means waking up at 5:30 AM, so be it. I WILL get these runs in!
2. Not cheat with my eating. No more cookie binges! No more beer! Clean eating all the way!
3. Lay off the dairy. My go to snacks of late have been yogurt, string cheese, and more yogurt, on top of the cheese and sour cream I have been using in my meals. I always opt for fat free or lower fat, but I still feel like I have been eating entirely too much dairy.
4. Push myself at my workouts. I will not take the easy way out. I will finish every rep strong.
5. Finish painting, hang curtains, and put some things up on the bare walls. Ugh. I have one room left to paint; I primed it yesterday. It is going to take at least 2 coats of paint. Hopefully I will be done by Thursday.
The massive bag of pecans I stole from my parents' house inspired my dinner last night.
The best salad I ever ate was at Commander's Palace in New Orleans, and it consisted of mixed greens, candied pecans, peach slices, and blue cheese crumbles. So I used the pecan and blue cheese combo, reminiscent of that perfect salad.
Mixed greens, garden fresh peppers, asparagus, a few chopped pecans, chicken, a light BabyBel blue cheese, sugar free Raspberry vinaigrette, salt, & pepper.
Yum! The pecans were so good! And just a few add so much flavor. The raw asparagus adds a crunch, and the cheese was creamy and delicious.
What is the best salad you ever ate?
& What is your favorite nut? Mine is definitely pecans. But I love all nuts!